Friday, May 29, 2009

Do I miss it?

I was reading about the life of Jesus and wondered. Was Mary confused? She was told that she would bring into the world the Messiah, the King of Kings. Yet she saw Him hanging on a cross. Jesus was never a King. Not a King like we think of. Did she question God as she watched her Son hang on a cross? My bet is she thought Jesus would not die there. If I were her I would probably have expected God Himself to come out of the heavens and start tearing things up. Mary had much faith to believe the way she did from such a young age but my guess is her faith was rattled for those three days Jesus lay dead in a tomb. Thoughts of why or how could you take my Son from me. May I always remember that God is in control. If I can keep my focus on Him my vision will always be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment