Thursday, May 28, 2009

Is it any wonder?

Is it any wonder that we killed Jesus? If Jesus were in human form today would we treat him any differently than he was treated in the days he walked the earth? For example: He was seen by many as a form of entertainment. "What is this Jesus fella going to do next? Did you hear he brought some guy back to life the other day? I can't wait to see what He does next." Yet when life and death hung in the balance where were his "fans"? "Poor sap must have done something wrong. Idiot claimed He was God. I sure will miss His cool magic tricks though."
So how do we view Him today? "Oh Jesus if you help me out of this I won't do ______ anymore. I promise." "Church was kinda boring today. I felt the pastor was just a bit off his game." Would we as proclaimed people that love God be willing to lay our lives on the line for Him? I have often thought I would. However, am I living like I would? Just like in a marriage we husbands would brashly say we would die for our wife or kids. But.....but are we daily giving of ourselves to our families or are we all about self. The same applies to our walk with God doesn't it? So I ask myself again, would I die for Him? More importantly, am I living for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment