Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spending my days

It is so easy for me to get caught up in day to day life. My world so easily becomes all that matters to me. I plan my day carefully. Scheduling each thing with the next thing butting up against it so I don't waste any time sitting around. While this makes for a busy day and gives me maximum free time later I miss some things along the way. For instance, I think very little about Haiti right now. I am too busy thinking about showing an apartment or fixing a window. Answering the phone or going to a game. All of these things are somewhat important but nowhere near life or death. My wife posted on facebook the other day, "What do you need right now? Not materially but how can I pray for you" It got me thinking, how many times during a day do I not ask that question? How often am I so busy to get to the next thing that I don't really talk to people? I do that way too often. I need to be efficient with my time. It is how God designed me but am I being efficient in my own eyes and not God's?

No comments:

Post a Comment